26 Jul 2012

Holidaying in Sabah-the land below wind...

My family and I were in Sabah from 7th to 10th July 2012, spending some precious timeout from my routine work and the experience was splendid! We arrived in Kota Kinabalu Airport at about 2.30 pm and were received by our cousin, Irwan and his wife, Zue.  We then had our late dinner at Kedai Kak Nong and I tell you the foods there were really good although a bit more expensive; but I didn't mind at all!  I had a bowl of Bakso and tasted several other delicacies such as Nasi Ayam and several local kuih.  The Nasi Ayam was a bit different from the one  in Semenanjung but the taste was awesome!  After checking in the hotel near the One Borneo and relaxing for a while, we went to dinner (of course lah seafood and FOC!).  

The next day we went to Kundasang and on our way there we stopped at the Tamparuli Suspension Bridge.  We arrived at the Mount Kinabalu Park around 11 am and spent almost 2 hours photographing ourselves there.  However, we did not climb the mountain since my foot was still injured.  I will ensure that during my next visit i will climb the mountain, chiayok!!!  Our next stop was the Kundasang War Memorial where we observed the historical Australian Fort surrounded by a beautiful tropical garden.  After that we went to Ranau for a quick lunch and continued our journey to the Sabah Tea Plantation. Then, we checked in the Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort and Spa and spent the night there. 

After Subuh prayer at about 5 am, we went down and spent a beautiful time waiting for the sunrise and the view of Mount Kinabalu during that time was breathtaking!!! After breakfast, we went back to Kota Kinabalu and on the way, we stopped at the Upside Down House near Tamparuli.  Then we continued our journey to Kota Kinabalu and stopped for lunch at the Sri Keningau Restaurant.  I ordered the Seri Keningau Special Nasi Goreng and it cost me RM 13 per plate!!!! After lunch we went to Tuaran Crocodile Farm and seriously there were hundreds of them and the farm also sold crocodile meat!!!!  After that we went back to the hotel.  We had our shopping spree that night at the One Borneo and I spent more than RM 1500 there alone!!! After crashing my bank account, we went to Getaran Jiwa Restaurant for dinner.

The next morning, we spent more than 2 hours at the State Museum.  There, we saw many things but the thing that really intrigued me was the head-hunter artifacts, besides a photo of Daphne Iking, the Miss Keamatan in 2004 (if I remember the year correctly!).  Then we went to the Filipino Market and can you imagine I spent more than RM 500 within a span of 30 minutes buying souvenirs!!  After lunch we went to the airport since our flight was scheduled to depart at 6.30 pm.  However, I was really pissed off because our flight was delayed and we only departed to Kuala Lumpur at 1015 pm, a delay of about 4 hours!!!!!  Anyways, that was the only turned off for me during that vacation. As a whole, I really enjoyed the vacation and very thankful to Irwan and his wife. I am looking forward to conquering the Mount Kinabalu when we go there again in the future.  Here are some of the pictures.....enjoy!







    

2 comments:

  1. bestnye Dr Naji pegi Sabah bah.... heeee.. ni jeles ni... (>.<)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah apa lagi gi lah beli tiket...cuti kan pjg lagi hahah

      Delete